We were lucky enough to get to go on board to look at Fiji Airways brand new A350-900 plane at Sydney airport today.
The aircraft, ‘Island of Viti Levu’ will go into commercial service on December 1st 2019 flying Nadi to Sydney. Following this, the aircraft will rotate out on the Sydney and Los Angeles routes. From January 1st 2020, the A350 will fly daily between Nadi and Sydney as well as Nadi and Los Angeles.
Families flying to Fiji from Australia can choose between Fiji Airways, Qantas, Jetstar and Virgin for direct flights.
The arrival of the new, state-of-the-art aircraft has provided an opportunity for Fiji Airways to redefine its product. And after spending time exploring the new plane today, Fiji Airways gets our vote for the best option for families flying to Nadi from Sydney or Los Angeles.
Here’s what we love about the new A350
- The Fijian cabin crew give you a true Fijian welcome, so you feel like your holiday starts when you board
- The cabin is among the quietest in the world
- In economy the configuration is 3 x 3 x 3 so there’s no clambering over lots of people to get to the loo
- In economy the 39 ‘BULA SPACE’ seats are the ones with extra leg room and they also come with priority boarding
- All seats feature seat-back screens with access to the in-flight entertainment system, as well as internet connectivity
- The 33 business class seats all have flat beds and aisle access
- 25% lower CO2 emissions vs. previous generation aircraft
- The accessible toilet in the main cabin is large (it’s two toilet cubicles joined together) and accessible from both sides of the cabin
- The baby change tables are large, making nappy changes less of a juggle
If you’re heading to Fiji from either Sydney or LA from December 2019, we’d love to hear what you and your family think about the new Fiji Airways experience.