Everyone loves a 21st birthday celebration and Sydney’s BridgeClimb is no different.
Since opening on 1 October 1998, the Bridge has had some of the biggest names in the world climb over it, including Prince Harry, Oprah, Hugh Jackman, Derek Zoolander and Will Smith.
At 440 feet above sea level, climbing Sydney’s Harbour Bridge is a must do on a Sydney itinerary. And for locals it is a great way to celebrate, show off the harbour city to visiting friends and family or qualify for bragging rights about being so adventurous.
To mark the 21 year anniversary, BridgeClimb has announced it is throwing back to the inaugural 1998 climb ticket prices. It is inviting guests to join in the month-long celebrations:
- All climbs $98 on 1st October – Tickets will go on sale at 9am, Thursday 12th September from www.bridgeclimb.com
- 1998 tunes – All climbs, all month, will feature a playlist of 1998 tunes at the summit – think Outkast, Jay Z, Madonna and Massive Attack
- 21st sweet treats – Bask in a post-climb glow at the base with free chocolate from Darrell Lea, which once housed its chocolate factory under the arches
- Meet Australia’s master climbers – Join the first climbers who scaled the summit in 1998 and hear some of the amazing stories from climbers who have returned to the arches hundreds of times
“Our 21st is a milestone and October is going to be one of the most memorable months to come back for a climb or to tick the experience off the bucket list. Our throwback prices are just a very small thank you to Sydneysiders for embracing us so much over the last 21 years. We’ve had one person climb the bridge 133 times and we look forward to welcoming him to his 134th climb! We can’t wait for the people of Sydney to have their first climb over our 21st birthday celebrations and begin their love affair with the best experience in Australia” said BridgeClimb CEO Chris Zumwalt.
BridgeClimb is great for
- Getting a birds eye view of Sydney
- Giving teens an experience they’ll never forget
- It’s a fun workout… really! They say that climbing the Bridge is a similar exertion level to playing an 18 hole round of golf
- Learning the best facts about the bridge and Sydney’s history