2018 ARRIVAL DATES
SEP: 06, 20
OCT: 11, 25
NOV: 08, 22
2019 ARRIVAL DATES
MAR: 07, 21
APR: 11, 25
MAY: 09, 23
PLEASE NOTE: Due to flight schedule and departing times, you may depart one day earlier
- Once your Family Travel Voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by the Family Travel Reservations team will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates.
- If for any reason we are unable to book you onto your preferred dates please refer to the Family Travel 30 Day Booking Guarantee to understand our refund policy.
- When booking in your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements (e.g. vegetarian etc)
- The Family Travel team will send an email to you confirming all of your booking information.
When will I get my ticket(s)?
- We recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed.
- Our partner operator negotiates great deals with airlines ahead of time, purchasing tickets in bulk at different times throughout the year to provide you with the very best value for money. Unfortunately, this means there is no pre-set time when you will get your tickets other than in advance of your travel. Sometimes this can occur months in advance while in others, it’s 30 days or less prior to travel. Rest assured we have everything under control and no one has ever missed their flights in their 6-year history.
- Your tickets will be issued electronically, but are no longer needed by the airlines. Upon check-in, you just need to show your passport and visa.
Where will I have a stopover on my flight?
- We are not able to confirm if there will be a stopover or where that might be on your way to and from your chosen destination.When you purchased your group tour, we endeavour to find the best path to get you from your origin city (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide) to your destination. Most of the time, this means we need to go through a large hub airport to then connect with a domestic flight. We always seek to ensure the minimum amount of layover time that meets with the required transfer times set by the airlines and/or designated airports.If you wish to pay an additional cost to upgrade to a better, more direct flight path or to business class, you may contact SNA customer service and we can discuss the options available.
When will I get my itinerary?
- This Voucher you will receive post purchase serves as your tour itinerary. A detailed day-by-day summary of your hotels and other travel details will be sent to you at least one week prior to travel to ensure it is complete and accurate. Your confirmed hotel list is sent out seven days prior departure. This is because sometimes small details change at the last minute due to the complexity of travel to developing countries.
What about visa(s)?
- Our Operator SNA will be happy to assist you with any Visa requirements you may have. Should you wish SNA to organise visas for you, SNA will be processing your visa in bulk, based on travel tour dates and group sizes. Each country has its own visa process which unfortunately can vary widely beyond our control. Developing countries are notorious for inconsistent processing, which is why we strongly suggest you leave it up to us to deal with it.
- We have dedicated customer service personnel to hand-hold your visa application through each step to ensure nothing goes wrong. Unfortunately, there is no pre-set schedule we can confirm other than you will receive them ahead of your travel. Please contact SNA if you have concerns about your visa.
- Alternatively, you are able to process your own visas directly with the countries consulate closest to you.
To enter China, Australian passport holders must have a valid and appropriate visa. A full visa must be obtained prior to travel. The website of the Embassy of the People's Republic of China in Australia has detailed information on the eligibility of Australians for various visa types and is linked above. Alternatively, you can contact an external visa provider such as Visa Central directly for more information or arrange a visa.
What are the refund and cancellation policies?
- Bound Round and SNA Tours have partnered together to bring you the best value-for-money deal possible. This means that once the 30-day Booking Guarantee Period ends, there will be penalties for cancelling.
- Once air tickets are issued, no refund is possible. Should there be a health or other serious issue, please contact Bound Round and SNA with supporting documentation and we will assess the claim on compassionate grounds. We strongly recommends Travel insurance and we can organise this. Simply email Boundround@boundround.com to receive 10% off your travel insurance.
Can I decide my travel flight path?
- SNA facilitate hundreds of travellers across dozens of dates and half a dozen origin cities. This means they need to have the flexibility to manage across multiple airlines and cannot provide each passenger or travel group with their own preferred flight path. The more direct flight path, the higher the cost. Admittedly, this is a trade-off when travelling at this amazing price.
Can I upgrade my flights?
- Yes, you can upgrade your International flights to Business Class for $3,000 per person. Please contact the SNA Customer Service team to discuss the details and update your booking. Please note domestic flights can only be booked in Economy.
TO BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY, PURCHASE ONLINE OR CALL 1300 404 100
Day 1 – Arrival/ Negombo
Today depart from Australia for Negombo, Sri Lanka. Upon arrival, be met and transferred to the hotel.
Day 2 – Negombo/Dambulla/Sigiriya
Have breakfast and experience the Negombo city tour. Thereafter, proceed to Dambulla. Dambulla is one of the most popular Buddhist cradles in the island to Date. This unique experience offers far more than the iconic Golden Buddha Statue, such as the nearing mountains dotted by a series of caves which were once a home of meditation for Monks. This iconic Sri Lankan image – amidst the busy streets of an economic hub – is just a blink away from Sigiriya and neighbours the hill capital, Kandy.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 3 – Sigiriya/ Habarana/ Sigiriya
Today you will proceed to have Sri Lankan village experience in Habarana. Adventure through the archetypal Sri Lankan typical village. The Trek begins with a walk along a manmade reservoir. The reservoir itself, the surrounding scrub jungle, marshland, and village are a hive of early morning activities. In the evening, visit Sigiriya Rock Fortress. Climb the 5th century World Heritage Site - Sigiriya rock fortress - built by King Kashyapa (477- 495 AD). The is a citadel of unusual beauty, rising 200 meters from the scrub jungle. You will see the world-renowned frescoes of the Heavenly Maidens of Sigiriya, which are in a sheltered pocket of the rock approached by a spiral stairway. These frescoes are painted on plaster using earth pigments.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 4 – Sigiriya / Matale/ Kandy
Today head to Kandy after breakfast. En route visit Matale Spice garden. Matale is much more than a mere link between Dambulla and Kandy. Feel the coolness of the surrounding climate as you drive into the limits of a city that last-witnessed Royalty. Take a walk through busy streets of Kandy and observe how life unfolds under the shades of heritage. Pass the clock tower that stands tall for decades under the sun and rain before walking around the shady banks of the Kandy Lake. Check in to your hotel.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 5 – Kandy/ Nuwara Eliya
After breakfast, visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic. Leave your hotel and walk into the most sacred temple that enshrines the tooth relic of Lord Buddha, and you will be able to witness Pooja – twice a day – showered by the blessings of a few hundred devotees on any given day. Afterwards visit the Kandy Museum, which houses a tale of Kings and Queens entwined between the pillars of culture. Then, Proceed to Nuwara Eliya. Visit Ramboda Falls on the road. Leave Peradeniya and take a winding road uphill to the centre of tea country. Observe the surroundings and how the climate around your changes as busy roads studded with towns transform into pine-covered narrow roads that snake their way through lush green blankets of Ceylon Tea.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 6 – Nuwara Eliya/ Ella/ Yala
After breakfast, leave to Tissamaharama and check in at your hotel. En route, visit Ella Mini Adam’s Peak, Nine Arch Bridge, and Ravana Falls. Enjoy views of frosty mountain tops as you drive into the heart of Bandarawela. ‘Ella’ is truly a fascination to adventurers and nature lovers alike, with its signature forest tracks as well as developed accommodation that caters to hundreds of travellers. You will have the opportunity climb up to the top of the mountain to view the unforgettable Ella-Gap, and upon descent you will proceed to Yala. Observe how the steep roads flatten into a speed-friendly terrain that stretches past acres across Wellawaya into Yala National Park. Welcome to leopard country! In the land protected by these gorgeous felines, you will experience a blend of the local wildlife and people. Check into your hotel and take a good rest as the following day promises a lifetime experience in the island’s largest national park.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 7 – Yala/ Galle/ Ahangama
Have a mini breakfast and transfer to Yala National park for a morning safari. Wake up early in the morning to the chirps of birds announcing the dawn and find a comfortable seat in your safari jeep. Today you are about to enter the holy land of Sri Lankan wildlife! Head inside the park through its bumpy roads and wide-open plains, witnessing an abundance of peacocks, crocodiles, wild boars and spotted deer grazing through the forest scrub. Make sure you keep your eyes wide open as a roaring leopard, a fuzzy sloth bear or a colossal tusker may be just few feet away. After the safari return back to the hotel and relax. Proceed to Ahangama in the evening.
Day 8 –Ahangama/Galle/ Colombo/Departure
After breakfast head towards Galle and visit the historic Dutch Fort. Resembling a living model of a colonial Dutch town, the Galle Fort – as the locals call it – is simply a masterpiece of architecture, history, and tradition. Then proceed to Colombo and tour the city. Transfer to the airport at night to board the flight home.