A family of seven, they have plenty of tips and tricks when it comes to making the most of Queensland’s offerings for teens and primary schoolers alike.
Meet the Joyce family from the Gold Coast! With Families of Australia
Tell us about your family.
We are a family of seven, four daughters and one son ranging in age from Year 4 right up to Year 11. We recently decided to make a sea change, moving from Canberra to Kingscliff, just North of Byron Bay. We love the outdoors and spend lots of time at the beach or the creek to Stand Up Paddleboard, swim, snorkel and surf.
What are your top five must-sees on the Gold Coast?
• Any beach along the coastline during the whale season so you can see the baby whales breaching and rolling around the surf.
• Movie World‘s shows are excellent and there are rides for everyone.
• The Farm at Byron Bay has an awesome set up of food and live music on the weekends.
• White Water World is smaller than Wet n Wild and great fun with Dreamworld right next door.
• Minion Falls has a beautiful bush walk to the waterfall where you can picnic and cool off.
Where do you like visiting outside the Gold Coast?
We love the water so we always head further north to the even warmer waters of Noosa or Caloundra.
Our favourite family holiday was to Daydream Island. The resort had just opened after a refurbishment. The choice in food was amazing, everything was at our fingertips, there was no bundling kids in and out of the car, the swim-up bar was awesome and the kids could swim up and get ice creams too. No cooking, just 100% relaxation and enjoyment.