Introducing the Symphony of the Seas – the newest addition to Royal Caribbean’s award-winning Oasis Class fleet. The world’s biggest ship with the world’s best features. Symphony of the Seas is the best place for a family escape, whether you’re seeking adventure or relaxation, everything is possible. Make memories to last a lifetime, as you explore the Caribbean. Kids will love spending the day at Perfect Day at Cococay, Bahamas. Enjoy an incredible day ashore that will be exclusively available to Royal Caribbean cruise guests.
- Cruise during the Australian school holidays. Cruise departs 28 Sep 2019
- Visit some of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean such as Roatan, Puerto Costa Maya and Cozumel
- Kids can experience never ending fun at Adventure Ocean Youth & Teen Program
- Departs 28 Sep 2019
- Day 1: Sat 28 Sep – Miami, Florida
- Day 2: Sun 29 Sep – Cruising
- Day 3: Mon 30 Sep – Roatan, Honduras
- Day 4: Tue 01 Oct – Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico
- Day 5: Wed 02 Oct – Cozumel, Mexico
- Day 6: Thu 03 Oct – Cruising
- Day 7: Fri 04 Oct – Perfect Day At Cococay, Bahamas
- Day 8: Sat 05 Oct – Miami, Florida
For full itinerary information CLICK HERE
Why Family Travel?
At Family Travel, we have a passion for helping families all over Australia create meaningful and memorable experiences. Whether you’re a band of avid campers, adventure-seekers, or if you prefer a little luxury, we’re driven to make your holiday dreams come true. With over 20 years of travel experience, you can be sure we can create the right holiday for your family. Can’t find what you’re looking for on our site? Call us on 1300 404 100 and one of our accredited family travel specialists can create an incredible family holiday package for you.
|The Family Travel 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
- Valid for travel: 28 Sep 2019
- Subject to availability at time of booking for new bookings only
- Advertised Per Adult & Per Child prices are based on a 7-night package for 2 adults & 2 children staying in an Inside cabin
- All prices are subject to change at any time without notice
- Valid for sales unless sold out prior
- If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator may impose cancellation fees
- Please note all our holidays are subject to availability at time of booking. Should your dates not be available please note the Family Travel Booking Guarantee applies. The Family Travel 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back, no questions asked.
- Excludes: Travel Insurance, Flights, Visas, Prepaid Service Charges, Specialty Restaurant Cover Charge & Shore Excursions
Visas for Australians travelling overseas:
A visa is a form of permission for a non-citizen to enter, transit or remain in a particular country.
We do not issue visas for overseas travel and cannot provide definitive information on visas. Only the countries you plan to visit can provide up-to-date information about their visa requirements. For all countries, contact the nearest embassy or consulate of the country you intend to visit well in advance of travel. Not all countries have representation in Australia. For a list of all countries visa requirements Click Here
TO BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY, PURCHASE ONLINE AT WWW.FAMILYTRAVEL.COM.AU or CALL 1300 404 100
BEST FOR FAMILIES
Why is this holiday great for kids?
Cruising: Cruising is sure to be a hit with the whole family as it takes all the stress of transfers and logistics away and includes accommodation in family-size cabins, meals and entertainment. Kids will have plenty of activities to keep them busy onboard with shore excursions, supervised youth programs and a seemingly endless array of family-friendly workshops/activities.
Destination: Is your family dreaming of white sand beaches and tropical temperatures all year around? With easy swimming, a laid-back lifestyle and a range of water sports, the Caribbean is an ideal family holiday destination. Cruising makes see many destinations in the Caribbean easy.
Why is this cruise best for families?
Royal Caribbean offers amazing family-friendly activities, dining venues and incredible entertainment that will delight all age and its included in your cruise fare. While the young ones are at play at Adventure Ocean, parents can have the time of their lives with comedy shows, nightclubs, cool lounges and more. From the young to the young-at-heart, there truly is something for everyone onboard Royal Caribbean.
Symphony of the Seas: Has something on offer for everyone. There’s no turning back once you take the plunge 10 storeys into the tallest slide at sea, Ultimate Abyss, as well as the exhilarating multi-level Perfect Storm slides. As the kids explore Splashaway Bay, take a tree-lined stroll through Central Park, or find your own haven in any of the other seven iconic onboard neighbourhoods. Parents can enjoy a post-dinner cocktail crafted by a robot in our unique Bionic Bar, and share every moment with not just your family on board but with friends back home with VOOM – the fastest internet at sea. Discover the biggest, boldest family holiday ever on a ship unlike anything else on the ocean.
Adventure Ocean youth program offers engaging entertainment, edu-tainment and cares for kids aged 3 – 11 years old
Aquanauts: 3 – 5 years old
Explorers: 6 – 8 years old
Voyagers: 9 – 11 years old
Royal Caribbean teen program for 13 – 17 years old isn’t a structured set of classes or rules. Royal Caribbean give them the freedom to join pre-planned events throughout the day, or simply hang out in teen-only spaces with teen staff who keep the good times coming.
Grown Up’s Corner
Mum and dad can escape and have time to themselves on board while the kids enjoy the Adventure Ocean youth program. Arranging a night out at a speciality restaurant or a night of song and dance at one of Symphony of the Seas theatre performances. During the day enjoy the Spa & Fitness Centre or take an adults-only shore excursion while the kids enjoy some supervised play.
Sat 28 Sep - Miami, Florida
Welcome aboard Symphony of the Seas. In just over a hundred years, Miami has gone from a mangrove swampland to a major cosmopolitan city. With its world-renowned beaches, unrivalled nightlife and Latin flavour, it’s not just for the snowbirds anymore
Sun 29 Sep - Cruising
Whether you seek an adrenaline rush or total tranquillity, our ships have it all. Try rock climbing, zip-lining and surfing 200 feet above the waves. Melt away land-based stress with a spa massage, build a scrapbook of memories or simply relax poolside.
Mon 30 Sep - Roatan, Honduras
Roatan welcomes divers and snorkelers eager to explore the thriving coral reef. Boaters, beachgoers and water-sports fans enjoy the sparkling seas, too. The island also has a multicultural population, some descended from pirates.
Tue 01 Oct - Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico
With sparkling sands and turquoise seas, Costa Maya is a relaxing destination where you can swim and sun, explore the coral reef offshore or Maya ruins in the jungle. The nearby fishing village of Mahahual is even more laid-back.
Wed 02 Oct - Cozumel, Mexico
Cozumel features great diving, snorkelling and beaches, marine-life encounters, botanical gardens, trails and shopping in the town of San Miguel. The nearby mainland is home to Tulum, Mayan cliffside ruins overlooking the Caribbean.
Thu 03 Oct - Cruising
Onboard, dining is about more than just food. Think ambience, variety and the flexibility to decide when and what you savor.
Fri 04 Oct - Perfect Day At Cococay, Bahamas
This isn’t vacation days spent. This is bragging rights earned. With one-of-a-kind ways to thrill and chill, all in the same day. Like conquering the tallest waterslide in North America, and snapping a shot from 400 feet up in a helium balloon. A drink at the swim-up bar in the Caribbeans’ largest freshwater pool. Or a taste of Bora Bora in the only private overwater cabanas in the Bahamas. This is Perfect Day at CocoCay – only on Royal Caribbean
Sat 05 Oct - Miami, Florida
In just over a hundred years, Miami has gone from a mangrove swampland to a major cosmopolitan city. With its world-renowned beaches, unrivalled nightlife and Latin flavour, it’s not just for the snowbirds anymore
This spacious stateroom offers twin beds, a private bathroom and a dressing area.
Upgrade to an Oceanview Cabin
Our Ocean View staterooms offer a gorgeous view, two twin beds and a private bathroom.
Upgrade to a Balcony Cabin
Enjoy DINE • DRINK • DISCOVER exclusive facilities available only to Park View guests including a complimentary lunch for two, bottle of red wine and a learn-to-play lesson at Casino RoyaleSM.
On a Royal Caribbean cruise holiday, dining is part of the journey. It’s more than just food. It’s about the ambience, the dining experience, variety and the flexibility to plan dinner whenever you’re ready.
- Main Dining Room: offering both flexible and traditional options. The flexible option allows you to select your own dining time and table companions on a daily basis.
Vitality Café: After your workout or any time at all, feed your appetite with a healthy selection of speciality wraps, fresh fruit, yoghurts and smoothies created with wellbeing in mind.
- Izumi: The traditional Asian dishes at Izumi will impress you with pure, delicate flavours, freshness of ingredients and impeccable presentation. Choose from sushi rolls, sashimi, hot rock (ishi-yaki) plates and more. Menu items are charged individually.
- Chops Grille: Royal Caribbean’s popular signature steakhouse, features grade-A premium cuts of steak cooked to your specifications, fresh seafood, hearty side dishes and mouth-wateringdesserts in an upmarket, contemporary setting.
- Johnny Rockets: Get the family together for good old-fashioned hamburgers and fries at Johnny Rockets – complete with authentic 1950s décor, a menu filled with all-American favourites and a jukebox at every table.
- Mystery Dinner Theatre: Enjoy an evening of theatre packed with mystery, intrigue and lots of laughs. Solve an onboard thriller over an exquisite Italian multi-course dinner paired with fine wine.
Sabor: in Spanish, it means flavour. But here, it’s that and so much more. A vibrant dance across the plate and palate. A long heritage of fresh, simple ingredients, reimagined in full bloom
Adventure Ocean Youth & Teen Program :
Uniquely creative, educational and totally incredible, your kids will be in great hands with Adventure Ocean® Youth & Teen Program.
- Aquanauts (ages 3-5): Little at-sea adventurers will enjoy the magic of bubbling potions, uncovering dinosaur-sized secrets and taking over the ship with a pirate party parade. Parents of three-year-olds can opt for pagers so that Adventure Ocean staff can stay in touch.
- Explorers ( ages 6-8): Expect space mud, fossil fever and meteorology madness. This hand-on science club gets young minds churning. More creative kids can choose to get crafty with the Adventure Art program which explores the fine arts. Round off the night with dancing through the decades and ice cream for all.
- Voyagers ( ages 9-11): How about a scavenger hunt with new friends from across the world? That’s just the beginning for Voyagers, who enjoy programs including sports tournaments, talent shows, video game showdowns and much more.
- Ages 12 to 14: Get active with rock-climbing competitions, dodgeball and Dance Dance Revolution, then take it down a notch at barbecues and movie nights. Plus, there’s the chance to let your star shine with open mic nights and talent shows.
- Ages 15 to 17: Join new friends at theme nights, pool parties and teen dinners. Feeling the competitive spirit? Challenge one another on the karaoke stage, on the Wii or on the basketball court and see who takes home the glory.
The gorgeous view isn’t the only thing that will dazzle you onboard our cruise ships. World-class performers from all over the globe star in awe-inspiring original shows by Royal Caribbean Productions.
- Ice skating Shows: Royal Caribbean is the first and only cruise line with ice skating rinks right onboard Oasis, Freedom and Voyager Class ships – and complimentary ice spectaculars featuring professional skaters that amaze with jumps, lifts and spins.
- Original productions: Royal Caribbean Productions, own in-house production company, brings together world-class performers to star in awe-inspiring original shows from contemporary dance to headline musical acts, aerial acrobatics and more.
- Guest entertainers: Experience full-time roster of amazing singers and dancers with special guest performers that are loaded with talent – from well-known bands and vocalists to stand-up comedians, dance troupes, jugglers, magicians and more.
- Theme Nights: When the sun goes down, the excitement flares up with theme nights onboard. From masquerade balls to ’70s or ’80s night, there’s always an element of surprise in themes.
- Onboard activities: Rock climbing, Ice rink, Fitness centre, Fitness classes, Mini golf, FlowRider, pool and library
What is included in the deal?
Please refer to the ‘HOLIDAYS INCLUDES’ section. If you are unclear, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 404 100for more details.
Are there any health precautions or vaccinations that my family needs?
We recommend you see your doctor at least eight weeks prior to travel for advice, and to allow time for any necessary vaccinations.
Can Family Travel organise my travel insurance? / Do I need a travel insurance?
We always recommend that you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. Family Travel can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you. Call us on 1300 404 100 and quote Family10 for a 10% discount.
Can I arrange my flights with Family Travel?
We at Family Travel are fully licensed travel agents and are able to arrange flights to any destination. Call us on 1300 404 100 to get a personalised quote.
When will my booking be confirmed?
Once your Family Travel Voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by a member of the Family Travel Reservations team. Family Travel will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates. If for any reason we are unable to book you onto your preferred dates please refer to the Family Travel 30 Day Booking Guarantee to understand our refund policy. When booking into your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements. The Family Travel team will send an email to you confirming all of your booking information.
|The Family Travel 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
What is the cancellation procedure? / Can I cancel or make changes to my booking?
If for any reason you need to cancel, contact the Family Travel reservation team on 1300 404 100, and make sure you have your travel voucher number and traveller names on hand. Please be aware that the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, Family Travel will charge a AUD $100 per person cancellation fee. Once we have received a variable request for cancellation, we request it be submitted in writing. Once received we will begin to process your cancellation.
I haven’t received my Family Travel voucher yet. What do I do?
If you have not received your voucher within 24 hours contact Family Travel on 1300 404 100 and we will resend your voucher by email.
Where can I find full terms and conditions for Family Travel?
Terms and conditions for each product can be found in the fine print of each booking. Full details on the terms and conditions can be found on the link below.
How many people in a cabin?
At Family Travel we can book cabins that are the right size for you and your family. For Twins, Triple and Quad cabins call us on 1300 404 100.
How do I book shore excursions?
Guests can book a Shore Excursion by visiting the Shore Excursion desk onboard during their cruise. Guests may also visit Royal Caribbean Cruise Planner to purchase excursions before they cruise.
Are there any age limits to join a shore excursions?
This depends on the cruise line – the majority, however, are family friendly with no age limitations. Royal Caribbean Cruise line offers a range of shore excursions specifically for families however some activities have age requires such as diving which requires a minimum age for diving is 12 years.
What will I pay for on board?
You will need to pay for the below on board:
- Alcoholic and premium soft drinks
- Children’s Fountain Soda Package
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream
- Beauty treatments in the Spa
- Items purchased from onboard shops
- Cover charges for speciality dining and Johnny Rockets
How do I pay for onboard expenses?
An Onboard Expense Account, also known as your SeaPass® onboard account, is the cashless system used for all onboard purchases and services. Depending on your ship, SeaPass cards are handed out at the pier or will be in your stateroom waiting for you. The account may be set up with either a credit card or as a cash account. You may establish a master account and add guests from your stateroom or another stateroom as authorised purchasers on your account. For each purchase made onboard the ship you will receive a receipt at the point of sale. A final statement will be delivered to your stateroom on the final morning of your cruise holiday for your review. Please note all onboard prices are in USD.
Are there any programs for kids on board?
Please check out Best For or facilities section to find information on what kids can enjoy on board.
What is a guarantee cabin?
A guarantee cabin is one where there is no stateroom number assigned by the cruise line. A cabin may be assigned any time before travel and may have an obstructed view.
What type of clothes should I bring?
On any Royal Caribbean Casual clothing such as Jeans, polos, sundresses and blouses are all the right amount of laid back. Please keep swimwear to the Pool Deck. Shorts are welcomed for breakfast and lunch
My kids are fussy eaters will there be other option for my kids?
Royal Caribbean offers a large range of casual dining options and quick bites for meals on the run. With 9 dinning options onboard you are to find something for everyone.