Cruise with the kids on board Royal Caribbean’s Explorer of the Seas as you journey along Australia’s east coast towards the smallest state in the country, Tasmania. This cruise is the perfect little getaway. Incredible ship facilities with plenty of dining options and included entertainment will delight the whole family and the day trip adventures promise to entertain all ages.
- Amazing entertainment the whole family can enjoy! From rock climbing and ice skating to spa facilities and theatre productions
- Visit amazing cities such as Sydney, Newcastle or Hobart with the kids
- Kids can experience never ending fun at Adventure Ocean Youth & Teen Program
- BOOK by 31 October 2018 and SAVE up to 40%!
- Departs 9 Feb 2019
- Day 1: Sat 9 Feb – Sydney, Australia
- Day 2: Sun 10 Feb – Newcastle, Australia
- Day 3: Mon 11 Feb – Wollongong (Port Kembla), Australia
- Day 4: Tue 12 Feb – Cruising
- Day 5: Wed 13 Feb – Hobart, Australia
- Day 6: Thu 14 Feb – Cruising
- Day 7: Friday 15 Feb – Sydney, Australia
- For more information CLICK HERE Itinerary
Why with Family Travel?
At Family Travel, we have a passion for helping families all over Australia create meaningful and memorable experiences. Whether you’re a band of avid campers, adventure-seekers, or if you prefer a little luxury, we’re driven to make your holiday dreams come true. With over 20 years of travel experience, you can be sure we can create the right holiday for your family. Can’t find what you’re looking for on our site? Call us on 1300 404 100 and one of our accredited family travel specialists can create an incredible family holiday package for you.
|The Family Travel 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
- Valid for travel: 9 Feb 2019
- Subject to availability at time of booking for new bookings only
- Advertised Per Adult & Per Child prices are based on a 6-night package for 2 adults & 2 children
- Offer applies to new bookings made between 10 am (AEST) Wednesday 3 October 2018 – 5:00 pm (AEST) Wednesday 31 October 2018.
- All prices are subject to change at any time without notice
- Valid for sales unless sold out prior
- If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator may impose cancellation fees
- Please note all our holidays are subject to availability at time of booking. Should your dates not be available please note the Family Travel Booking Guarantee applies. The Family Travel 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back, no questions asked.
- Excludes: Travel Insurance, Flights, Visas, Prepaid Service Charges, Specialty Restaurant Cover Charge & Shore Excursions
TO BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY, PURCHASE ONLINE AT WWW.FAMILYTRAVEL.COM.AU or CALL 1300 404 100
BEST FOR FAMILIES
This cruise is great for families who want to test cruising for the first time, or families who want a quick getaway to see some of Australia. Families love exploring the coastal regions of NSW and discovering the stunning beauty of Tasmania on this unforgettable cruise holiday. No need to stress about the transfers or going through airports when you can unpack once. All meals include means no extra food expense – unless mum and dad want a romantic night out, away from the kids at one of the speciality restaurants. This is the perfect holiday to bring the whole family (plus grandparents) to build precious memories.
Why is this holiday great for kids?
Cruising: Cruising is sure to be a hit with the whole family as it takes all the stress of transfers and logistics away and includes accommodation in family-size cabins, meals and entertainment. Kids will have plenty of activities to keep them busy onboard with shore excursions, supervised youth programs and never-ending family workshops/activities.
Destination: Travel along the Australian coastline to Tasmanian on Royal Caribbean’s Explore of the Seas. With spooky history and stunning wilderness, Tasmania is a unique and fascinating place to visit for families to visit. Hobart has a lot to offer with museums, galleries and top restaurants to fill the minds of inquisitive little ones. On the way to Tasmanian stop by the seaside town of Wollongong, minutes from the Illawarra Escarpment.
Why is this cruise best for families?
Royal Caribbean offers amazing family-friendly activities, dining venues and incredible entertainment that will delight all age and its included in your cruise fare. While the young ones are at play at Adventure Ocean, parents can have the time of their lives with comedy shows, nightclubs, cool lounges and more. From the young to the young-at-heart, there truly is something for everyone onboard Royal Caribbean.
Explorer of the seas: A cruise holiday is an adventure for all age. Loads of laughter and unforgettable experiences go hand-in-hand when cruising with your kids. Games, events, and cruise activities for kids are going on all over the ship throughout the day and into the evening hours, making family time a great time. And thanks to Royal Caribbean’s award-winning Adventure Ocean youth program and the all-new DreamWorks Experience, children love their cruise vacation just as much as their parents.
Adventure Ocean youth program offer engaging entertainment and care for kids aged 3 – 11 years old
Aquanauts: 3 – 5 years old
Explorers: 6 – 8 years old
Voyagers: 9 – 11 years old
Royal Caribbean teen program for 13 – 17 years old isn’t a structured set of classes or rules. Royal Caribbean give them the freedom to join pre-planned events throughout the day, or simply hang out in teen-only spaces with teen staff who keep the good times coming.
Shore Excursions: Royal Caribbean has a wide range of shore excursions for families. From Discovering
Richmond and Tassie Devils to a Visit to Symbio Wildlife Park you are sure to find shore excursions that everyone can enjoy.
Grown Up’s Corner
Mum and dad can escape and have time to themselves on board while the kids enjoy the Adventure Ocean youth program. Arranging a night out at a speciality restaurant or a night of song and dance at one of Explorer of the seas theatre performances. During the day enjoy the Spa & Fitness Centre or take an adults-only shore excursion while the kids enjoy some supervised play.
Read more about Tasmania CLICK HERE
Sat 9 Feb - Sydney, Australia
Welcome aboard Explorer of the Seas. What’s not to love about Sydney? Home to countless museums, galleries, world-class restaurants and shopping, and sprawling beaches, Sydney is a true adventure wonderland that has something for everyone
Sun 10 Feb - Newcastle, Australia
Arrives 08:00 – Departs 17:00
Newcastle is a quirky mix of maritime heritage, historic architecture and surf culture, plus an arts community and expanding culinary scene. It is also a gateway to the wineries of the Hunter Valley and deep blue bays of Port Stephens.
Mon 11 Feb - Wollongong (Port Kembla), Australia
Arrives 08:00 – Departs 17:00
‘The Gong’ is a beautiful seaside city that lies on the narrow strip between the Tasman Sea and the Illawarra Escarpment.
Tue 12 Feb - Cruising
Whether you seek an adrenaline rush or total tranquillity, the ship have it all. Try rock climbing, ice skating and mini golf on green that overlooks a sea of blue. Melt away land-based stress with a spa massage, build a scrapbook of memories or simply relax by the side of the pool.
Wed 13 Feb - Hobart, Australia
Arrives 08:00 – Departs 17:00
Tasmania’s capital is famously eclectic, with Georgian architecture, convict heritage, a dynamic modern-art scene and great food and wine. Hobart also enjoys a gorgeous harbour setting, with easy access to outdoor activities and unspoiled nature.
Thu 14 Feb - Cruising
Enjoy a day of scenic cruising and explore the onboard delights on this wonderful ship.
Fri 15 Feb - Sydney, Australia
Disembark this morning and bid farewell to Explorer of the Seas.
After an action-packed schedule of meetings, activities, and exploring the world, you need to relax. At the end of a busy day, retreat to your Interior stateroom and unwind in comfort! These well-appointed staterooms offer everything you need for a comfortable voyage. Aboard our Voyager-class ships, opt for a Promenade stateroom, offering all the features of a standard room plus a bowed window overlooking the Promenade
Upgrade to a Oceanview Cabin
As your Royal Caribbean cruise sails to some of the world’s most stunning destinations, you don’t want to miss a single moment. In an Ocean View stateroom, you’ll be treated to a beautiful new view every day! Spend the day exploring the world, then retreat to your comfortable, well-appointed stateroom and don’t miss a thing.
Upgrade to a Balcony Cabin
Imagine waking up every morning, opening your balcony door, and being greeted with views of a brand-new and breathtaking part of the world. Reserve a Royal Caribbean Balcony stateroom to enjoy spectacular vistas each and every day from the comfort and privacy of your own room. We believe the best way to explore the world is by sea – and a Balcony stateroom is a perfect way to get a little bit closer to everything!
On a Royal Caribbean cruise holiday, dining is part of the journey. It’s more than just food. It’s about the ambience, the dining experience, variety and the flexibility to plan dinner whenever you’re ready.
- Main Dining Room: offering both flexible and traditional options. The flexible option allows you to select your own dining time and table companions on a daily basis.
- Brasserie 30: This venue serves world-class cuisine for lunch in 30 minutes or less. Brasserie 30 offers international fare, daily chef specials and a delicious salad bar.
- Izumi: The traditional Asian dishes at Izumi will impress you with pure, delicate flavours, freshness of ingredients and impeccable presentation. Choose from sushi rolls, sashimi, hot rock (ishi-yaki) plates and more. Menu items are charged individually.
- Chops Grille: Royal Caribbean’s popular signature steakhouse, features grade-A premium cuts of steak cooked to your specifications, fresh seafood, hearty side dishes and mouth-wateringdesserts in an upmarket, contemporary setting.
- Giovanni’s Table: This casual Italian trattoria has indoor and al fresco seating. Giovanni’s Table serves rustic dishes with contemporary flair, including toasted herb foccacia, pastas, braised meat dishes and stews, all served family-style.
- Johnny Rockets: Get the family together for good old-fashioned hamburgers and fries at Johnny Rockets – complete with authentic 1950s décor, a menu filled with all-American favourites and a jukebox at every table.
Adventure Ocean Youth & Teen Program :
Uniquely creative, educational and totally incredible, your kids will be in great hands with Adventure Ocean® Youth & Teen Program.
- Aquanauts (ages 3-5): Little at-sea adventurers will enjoy the magic of bubbling potions, uncovering dinosaur-sized secrets and taking over the ship with a pirate party parade. Parents of three-year olds can opt for pagers so that Adventure Ocean staff can stay in touch.
Explorers ( ages 6-8): Expect space mud, fossil fever and meteorology madness. This hand on science club gets young minds churning. More creative kids can choose to get crafty with the Adventure Art program which explores the fine arts. Round off the night with dancing through the decades and ice cream for all.
- Ages 12 to 14: Get active with rock-climbing competitions, dodgeball and Dance Dance Revolution, then take it down a notch at barbecues and movie nights. Plus, there’s the chance to let your star shine with open mic nights and talent shows.
- Ages 15 to 17: Join new friends at theme nights, pool parties and teen dinners. Feeling the competitive spirit? Challenge one another on the karaoke stage, on the Wii or on the basketball court and see who takes home the glory.
The gorgeous view isn’t the only thing that will dazzle you onboard our cruise ships. World-class performers from all over the globe star in awe-inspiring original shows by Royal Caribbean Productions.
- Ice skating Shows: Royal Caribbean is the first and only cruise line with ice skating rinks right onboard Oasis, Freedom and Voyager Class ships – and complimentary ice spectaculars featuring professional skaters that amaze with jumps, lifts and spins.
- Original productions: Royal Caribbean Productions, our own in-house production company, brings together world-class performers to star in awe-inspiring original shows from contemporary dance to headline musical acts, aerial acrobatics and more.
- Guest entertainers: We supplement a full-time roster of amazing singers and dancers with special guest performers that are loaded with talent – from well-known bands and vocalists to stand-up comedians, dance troupes, jugglers, magicians and more.
- Theme Nights: When the sun goes down, the excitement flares up with theme nights onboard. From masquerade balls to ’70s or ’80s night, there’s always an element of surprise in our themes.
- Onboard activities: Rock climbing, Ice rink, Fitness centre, Fitness classes, Mini golf, flowrider, pool and library
What is included in the deal?
Please refer to the ‘Includes’ section. If you are unclear, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 404 100 for more details.
Are there any health precautions or vaccinations that my family needs?
We recommend you see your doctor at least eight weeks prior to travel for advice, and to allow time for any necessary vaccinations.
Can Family Travel organise my travel insurance? / Do I need a travel insurance?
We always recommend that you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. Family Travel can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you. Call us on 1300 404 100 and quote Family10 for a 10% discount.
Can I arrange my flights with Family Travel?
We at Family Travel are fully licensed travel agents and are able to arrange flights to any destination. Call us on 1300 404 100 to get a personalised quote.
When will my booking be confirmed?
Once your Family Travel Voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by a member of the Family Travel Reservations team. Family Travel will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates. If for any reason we are unable to book you onto your preferred dates please refer to the Family Travel 30 Day Booking Guarantee to understand our refund policy. When booking into your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements. The Family Travel team will send an email to you confirming all of your booking information.
What is the cancellation procedure? / Can I cancel or make changes to my booking?
If for any reason you need to cancel, contact the Family Travel reservation team on 1300 404 100, and make sure you have your travel voucher number and traveller names on hand. Please be aware that the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, Family Travel will charge a AUD $100 per person cancellation fee. Once we have received a variable request for cancellation, we request it be submitted in writing. Once received we will begin to process your cancellation.
I haven’t received my Family Travel voucher yet. What do I do?
If you have not received your voucher within 24 hours contact Family Travel on 1300 404 100 and we will resend your voucher by email.
Where can I find full terms and conditions for Family Travel?
Terms and conditions for each product can be found in the fine print of each booking. Full details on the terms and conditions can be found on the link below.
How many people in a cabin?
At Family Travel we can book cabins that are the right size for you and your family. For Twins, Triple and Quad cabins call us on 1300 404 100.
How do I book shore excursions?
Guests can book a Shore Excursion by visiting the Shore Excursion desk onboard during their cruise. Guests may also visit Royal Caribbean Cruise Planner to purchase excursions before they cruise.
Are there any age limits to join a shore excursions?
This depends on the cruise line – the majority, however, are family friendly with no age limitations. Royal Caribbean Cruise line offers a range of shore excursions specifically for families however some activities have age requires such as diving which requires a minimum age for diving is 12 years.
What will I pay for on board?
You will need to pay for the below on board:
- Alcoholic and premium soft drinks
- Children’s Fountain Soda Package
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream
- Beauty treatments in the Spa
- Items purchased from onboard shops
- Cover charges for speciality dining and Johnny Rockets
How do I pay for onboard expenses?
An Onboard Expense Account, also known as your SeaPass® onboard account, is the cashless system used for all onboard purchases and services. Depending on your ship, SeaPass cards are handed out at the pier or will be in your stateroom waiting for you. The account may be set up with either a credit card or as a cash account. You may establish a master account and add guests from your stateroom or another stateroom as authorised purchasers on your account. For each purchase made onboard the ship you will receive a receipt at the point of sale. A final statement will be delivered to your stateroom on the final morning of your cruise holiday for your review. Please note all onboard prices are in USD.
Are there any programs for kids on board?
Please check out Best For or facilities section to find information on what kids can enjoy on board.
What is a guarantee cabin?
A guarantee cabin is one where there is no stateroom number assigned by the cruise line. A cabin may be assigned any time before travel and may have an obstructed view.
What type of clothes should I bring?
On any Royal Caribbean Casual clothing such as Jeans, polos, sundresses and blouses are all the right amount of laid back. Please keep swimwear to the Pool Deck. Shorts are welcomed for breakfast and lunch
My kids are fussy eaters will there be other option for my kids?
Royal Caribbean offers a large range of casual dining options and quick bites for meals on the run. With 9 dinning options onboard you are to find something for everyone.