Explore New Zealand with kids on the fourth largest cruise ship in the world! There is so much on Ovation of the Seas for kids, including skydiving and surfing experiences, an X-Box zone, the largest indoor active space at sea, a roller-skating rink, a trapeze school, a stunning aerial observatory with 360-degree views that ascends a huge 90-metres above sea level, and so much more. Oh, and mum and dad will also love the super cool Bionic Bar, where they can have their cocktails made by a robot.
- Take the kids for an amazing journey on Ovation of the Seas, with its exceptional onboard entertainment and activities!
- Adults and kids of all ages will love to sail around New Zealand, between rich culture, charming cities, and breathtaking landscape.
- This price is based on 2 adults and 2 children up to 11 years of age. Call us on 1300 404 100 for other options!
Use outdoor pools and hot tubs as you want
- Departs 13 Nov 2019
- Day 1: Wed 13 Nov – Sydney, Australia
- Day 2: Thu 14 Nov – Cruising
- Day 3: Fri 15 Nov – Cruising
- Day 4: Sat 16 Nov – Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound, Dusky Sound (Cruising)
- Day 5: Sun 17 Nov – Dunedin, New Zealand
- Day 6: Mon 18 Nov – Wellington, New Zealand
- Day 7: Tue 19 Nov – Napier, New Zealand
- Day 8: Wed 20 Nov – Picton, New Zealand
- Day 9: Thu 21 Nov – Cruising
- Day 10: Fri 22 Nov -Cruising
- Day 11: Sat 23 Nov – Sydney, Australia
For full itinerary information CLICK HERE
WHY BOOK WITH FAMILY TRAVEL?
At Family Travel, we have a passion for helping families all over Australia create meaningful and memorable experiences. Whether you’re a band of avid campers, adventure-seekers, or if you prefer a little luxury, we’re driven to make your holiday dreams come true. With over 20 years of travel experience, you can be sure we can create the right holiday for your family. Can’t find what you’re looking for on our site? Call us on 1300 404 100 and one of our accredited family travel specialists can create an incredible family holiday package for you.
|The Family Travel 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
- Valid for travel: 13 Nov 2019
- Subject to availability at time of booking for new bookings only
- All prices are subject to change at any time without notice
- Advertised Per Adult & Per Child prices are based on a 5-night package for 2 adults & 2 children staying in an Inside cabin
- Valid for sales unless sold out prior
- If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator may impose cancellation fees
- Please note all our holidays are subject to availability at time of booking. Should your dates not be available please note the Family Travel Booking Guarantee applies. The Family Travel 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back, no questions asked.
- Excludes: Travel Insurance, Flights, Visas, Prepaid Service Charges, Specialty Restaurant Cover Charge & Shore Excursions
Visas for Australians traveling overseas:
A visa is a form of permission for a non-citizen to enter, transit or remain in a particular country.
We do not issue visas for overseas travel and cannot provide definitive information on visas. Only the countries you plan to visit can provide up-to-date information about their visa requirements. For all countries, contact the nearest embassy or consulate of the country you intend to visit well in advance of travel. Not all countries have representation in Australia. For a list of all countries visa requirements Click Here
Australian citizens traveling on an Australian passport, or Australian residents who hold a current Australian resident return visa, do not need a visa or permit to visit New Zealand. Alternatively, you can contact an external visa provider such as Visa Central directly for more details.
TO BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY, PURCHASE ONLINE AT WWW.FAMILYTRAVEL.COM.AU or CALL 1300 404 100
BEST FOR FAMILIES
Why is this holiday great for kids?
Cruising: Cruising is sure to be a hit with the whole family as it takes all the stress of transfers and logistics away and includes accommodation in family-size cabins, meals and entertainment. kids will have plenty of activities to keep them busy onboard with shore excursions for kids, supervised youth programs and never-ending family workshops/activities.
Destination: New Zealand is a great destination for families. Major cities offer incredible interactive museums and galleries, Animal lovers can meet some of New Zealand’s unique wildlife and with stunning mountain scenery, rugged coastlines, great food, wildlife encounters and plenty of opportunities for action.
Why is this cruise best for families?
Royal Caribbean offers amazing family-friendly activities, dining venues and incredible entertainment that will delight all age and its included in your cruise fare. While the young ones are at play at Adventure Ocean, parents can have the time of their lives with comedy shows, nightclubs, cool lounges and more. From the young to the young-at-heart, there truly is something for everyone onboard Royal Caribbean.
Ovation of the Seas: A cruise holiday is an adventure for all age, but with Ovation of the Seas bigger is better. Loads of laughter and unforgettable experiences go hand-in-hand when cruising with your kids. Games, events, and cruise activities for kids are going on all over the ship throughout the day and into the evening hours, making family time a great time. And thanks to Royal Caribbean’s award-winning Adventure Ocean youth program and the all-new DreamWorks Experience, children love their cruise vacation just as much as their parents.
Adventure Ocean youth program offers engaging entertainment, edu-tainment and cares for kids aged 3 – 11 years old
Aquanauts: 3 – 5 years old
Explorers: 6 – 8 years old
Voyagers: 9 – 11 years old
Royal Caribbean teen program for 13 – 17 years old isn’t a structured set of classes or rules. Royal Caribbean give them the freedom to join pre-planned events throughout the day, or simply hang out in teen-only spaces with teen staff who keep the good times coming.
Grown Up’s Corner
Mum and dad can escape and have time to themselves on board while the kids enjoy the Adventure Ocean youth program. Arranging a night out at a speciality restaurant or a night of song and dance at one of Voyager of the seas theatre performances. During the day enjoy the Spa & Fitness Centre or take an adults-only shore excursion while the kids enjoy some supervised play.
Welcome aboard Ovation of the Seas. What’s not to love about Sydney? Home to countless museums, galleries, world-class restaurants, and sprawling beaches, Sydney is a true adventure wonderland that has something for everyone
Whether you seek an adrenaline rush or total tranquillity, the ship has it all. Try rock climbing, ice skating and mini golf on green that overlooks a sea of blue. Melt away land-based stress with a spa massage, build a scrapbook of memories or simply relax by the side of the pool.
Onboard, dining is about more than just food. There is an endless option for dinner, from finger foods to a five-course gourmet meal, choose the restaurant that’s right for you, or let the kids choose for you!
Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound, Dusky Sound (Cruising)
Milford Sound – Arrives 08:00 – Departs 09:00
Wake up slowly in front of Milford Sound a smorgasbord of history, culture, scenery and alpine beauty.
Doubtful Sound – Arrives 13:00 – Departs 14:00
Continue your journey and experience the grand scenery and tranquility of this magnificent fjord by boat. Take the kids and try to see the amazing array of wildlife in Doubtful Sound.
Dusky Sound – Arrives 16:00 – Departs 17:00
Enjoy the end of the day with your family, watching spectacular sightseeing in Dusky Sound. Try to catch the best picture of sunbathing seals on Seal Rock!
Dunedin, New Zealand
Arrives 09:30 – Departs 17:00
In Dunedin, mum and dad will love the Scottish heritage and its grand Victorian and Edwardian architecture. Take the kids and go to explore the Otago Peninsula, home to penguin colonies and scenic coastline.
Wellington, New Zealand
Arrives 11:00 – Departs 19:00
Wellington, the cool ‘little’ capital has something for everyone. After visiting the museum, go for a walk like no other, enjoy lava formations, seal-covered shores and spectacular views which also made the charm of the city.
Napier, New Zealand
Arrives 08:30 – Departs 17:30
Have you already seen Napier and its architecture, built in a distinctive Art Deco style? The port is also a gateway for your family, kids of all ages can explore the Maori heritage, and see the most comprehensive collection of marine life in the country.
Picton, New Zealand
Arrives 08:00 – Departs 17:00
Experience the beautiful scenery, pristine waters and wildlife of the Marlborough Sounds by taking an adventurous hike.
When the ship hits the high seas, Ovation of the Seas it’s the best place to share family activities, but also for mum and dad to relax, so kids can meet new friends and build incredible souvenir.
World-class performers from across the globe come together on the ship to WOW the whole family from morning to night. Catch Broadway musicals, the DreamWorks Experience, ice-skating spectaculars, live comedy, music bars, and much more.
It’s time to disembark and say goodbye to Ovation of the Seas.
After an action-packed schedule of meetings, activities, and exploring the world, you need to relax. At the end of a busy day, retreat to your Interior stateroom and unwind in comfort! These well-appointed staterooms offer everything you need for a comfortable voyage. Aboard our Voyager-class ships, opt for a Promenade stateroom, offering all the features of a standard room plus a bowed window overlooking the Promenade
Upgrade to an Oceanview Cabin
As your Royal Caribbean cruise sails to some of the world’s most stunning destinations, you don’t want to miss a single moment. In an Ocean View stateroom, you’ll be treated to a beautiful new view every day! Spend the day exploring the world, then retreat to your comfortable, well-appointed stateroom and don’t miss a thing.
Upgrade to a Balcony Cabin
Imagine waking up every morning, opening your balcony door, and being greeted with views of a brand-new and breathtaking part of the world. Reserve a Royal Caribbean Balcony stateroom to enjoy spectacular vistas each and every day from the comfort and privacy of your own room. We believe the best way to explore the world is by sea – and a Balcony stateroom is the perfect way to get a little bit closer to everything!
On a Royal Caribbean cruise holiday, dining is part of the journey. It’s more than just food. It’s about the ambience, the dining experience, variety and the flexibility to plan dinner whenever you’re ready.
- Main Dining Room: offering both flexible and traditional options. The flexible option allows you to select your own dining time and table companions on a daily basis.
- Wonderland: Because dinning on Ovation of the Seas is always a new experience, you will love the dreamscape at wonderland restaurant – food like you never seen before between sun, Ice, Fire, Water, Earth and Dreams.
- Chops Grille: Royal Caribbean’s popular signature steakhouse, features grade-A premium cuts of steak cooked to your specifications, fresh seafood, hearty side dishes and mouth-watering desserts in an upmarket, contemporary setting.
- Jamie’s Italian: Chef Jamie Oliver may be one of Britain’s most famous food exports, but it’s his love of Italian cooking and the Italian way of life that drives his menu of rustic Italian favourites, handmade with fresh, seasonal ingredients, including toasted herb foccacia, pastas, braised meat dishes and stews, all served family-style.
- Chef’s Table: Get the family together for a once-in-a-lifetime culinary experience – join other guests in an exclusive enclave to savour a five-course gourmet menu and wine tasting.
Adventure Ocean Youth & Teen Program :
Uniquely creative, educational and totally incredible, your kids will be in great hands with Adventure Ocean® Youth & Teen Program.
- Aquanauts (ages 3-5): Little at-sea adventurers will enjoy the magic of bubbling potions, uncovering dinosaur-sized secrets and taking over the ship with a pirate party parade. Parents of three-year-olds can opt for pagers so that Adventure Ocean staff can stay in touch.
- Explorers ( ages 6-8): Expect space mud, fossil fever and meteorology madness. This hand-on science club gets young minds churning. More creative kids can choose to get crafty with the Adventure Art program which explores the fine arts. Round off the night with dancing through the decades and ice cream for all.
- Voyagers ( ages 9-11): How about a scavenger hunt with new friends from across the world? That’s just the beginning for Voyagers, who enjoy programs including sports tournaments, talent shows, video game showdowns and much more.
- Ages 12 to 14: Get active with rock-climbing competitions, dodgeball and Dance Dance Revolution, then take it down a notch at barbecues and movie nights. Plus, there’s the chance to let your star shine with open mic nights and talent shows.
- Ages 15 to 17: Join new friends at theme nights, pool parties and teen dinners. Feeling the competitive spirit? Challenge one another on the karaoke stage, on the Wii or on the basketball court and see who takes home the glory.
The gorgeous view isn’t the only thing that will dazzle you onboard our cruise ships. World-class performers from all over the globe star in awe-inspiring original shows by Royal Caribbean Productions.
- North StarSM: The exclusive North StarSM promises to heighten your worldview. Simply step into the North Star’s intimate, jewel-shaped capsule and gently ascend over 90 metres above sea level.
- RipCord by iFLY®: Experience the sheer thrill and utter WOW of flying without ever having to leave the ship. RipCord by iFly®’s skydiving simulator will keep you afloat in a safe, controlled environment that kids and adults will absolutely love.
- Ice skating Shows: Royal Caribbean is the first and only cruise line with ice skating rinks right onboard Oasis, Freedom and Voyager Class ships – and complimentary ice spectaculars featuring professional skaters that amaze with jumps, lifts and spins.
- Original productions: Royal Caribbean Productions, own in-house production company, brings together world-class performers to star in awe-inspiring original shows from contemporary dance to headline musical acts, aerial acrobatics and more.
- Guest entertainers: Experience full-time roster of amazing singers and dancers with special guest performers that are loaded with talent – from well-known bands and vocalists to stand-up comedians, dance troupes, jugglers, magicians and more.
- Theme Nights: When the sun goes down, the excitement flares up with theme nights onboard. From masquerade balls to ’70s or ’80s night, there’s always an element of surprise in themes.
- Onboard activities: Rock climbing, Ice rink, Fitness centre, Fitness classes, Mini golf, FlowRider, pool and library
What is included in the deal?
Please refer to the ‘HOLIDAYS INCLUDES’ section. If you are unclear, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 404 100for more details.
Are there any health precautions or vaccinations that my family needs?
We recommend you see your doctor at least eight weeks prior to travel for advice, and to allow time for any necessary vaccinations.
Can Family Travel organise my travel insurance? / Do I need a travel insurance?
We always recommend that you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. Family Travel can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you. Call us on 1300 404 100 and quote Family10 for a 10% discount.
Can I arrange my flights with Family Travel?
We at Family Travel are fully licensed travel agents and are able to arrange flights to any destination. Call us on 1300 404 100 to get a personalised quote.
When will my booking be confirmed?
Once your Family Travel Voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by a member of the Family Travel Reservations team. Family Travel will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates. If for any reason we are unable to book you onto your preferred dates please refer to the Family Travel 30 Day Booking Guarantee to understand our refund policy. When booking into your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements. The Family Travel team will send an email to you confirming all of your booking information.
|The Family Travel 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
What is the cancellation procedure? / Can I cancel or make changes to my booking?
If for any reason you need to cancel, contact the Family Travel reservation team on 1300 404 100, and make sure you have your travel voucher number and traveller names on hand. Please be aware that the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, Family Travel will charge a AUD $100 per person cancellation fee. Once we have received a variable request for cancellation, we request it be submitted in writing. Once received we will begin to process your cancellation.
I haven’t received my Family Travel voucher yet. What do I do?
If you have not received your voucher within 24 hours contact Family Travel on 1300 404 100 and we will resend your voucher by email.
Where can I find full terms and conditions for Family Travel?
Terms and conditions for each product can be found in the fine print of each booking. Full details on the terms and conditions can be found on the link below.
How many people in a cabin?
At Family Travel we can book cabins that are the right size for you and your family. For Twins, Triple and Quad cabins call us on 1300 404 100.
How do I book shore excursions?
Guests can book a Shore Excursion by visiting the Shore Excursion desk onboard during their cruise. Guests may also visit Royal Caribbean Cruise Planner to purchase excursions before they cruise.
Are there any age limits to join a shore excursions?
This depends on the cruise line – the majority, however, are family friendly with no age limitations. Royal Caribbean Cruise line offers a range of shore excursions specifically for families however some activities have age requires such as diving which requires a minimum age for diving is 12 years.
What will I pay for on board?
You will need to pay for the below on board:
- Alcoholic and premium soft drinks
- Children’s Fountain Soda Package
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream
- Beauty treatments in the Spa
- Items purchased from onboard shops
- Cover charges for speciality dining and Johnny Rockets
How do I pay for onboard expenses?
An Onboard Expense Account, also known as your SeaPass® onboard account, is the cashless system used for all onboard purchases and services. Depending on your ship, SeaPass cards are handed out at the pier or will be in your stateroom waiting for you. The account may be set up with either a credit card or as a cash account. You may establish a master account and add guests from your stateroom or another stateroom as authorised purchasers on your account. For each purchase made onboard the ship you will receive a receipt at the point of sale. A final statement will be delivered to your stateroom on the final morning of your cruise holiday for your review. Please note all onboard prices are in USD.
Are there any programs for kids on board?
Please check out Best For or facilities section to find information on what kids can enjoy on board.
What is a guarantee cabin?
A guarantee cabin is one where there is no stateroom number assigned by the cruise line. A cabin may be assigned any time before travel and may have an obstructed view.
What type of clothes should I bring?
On any Royal Caribbean Casual clothing such as Jeans, polos, sundresses and blouses are all the right amount of laid back. Please keep swimwear to the Pool Deck. Shorts are welcomed for breakfast and lunch
My kids are fussy eaters will there be other option for my kids?
Royal Caribbean offers a large range of casual dining options and quick bites for meals on the run. With 9 dinning options onboard you are to find something for everyone.